Sunday, March 31, 2013

homemade applesauce.

i found a recipe online a year or two ago for homemade applesauce, because i was in the mood to try something new.....but healthy. so voila! here is either what i made up, or what i remember. i don't quite know ;) the nice thing about this recipe is that you can make it personalized//super cinnamon, plain//whatever you like! enjoy, and please let me know what you think in the comments!
 
 
 


//peel 3 large, about 5 regular-sized, apples//my apples were HUGE, and I couldn't wrap my hand around them when they were in my palm, so you can judge for yourself how much that is, but whatevs :)
//dice the apples and stick them in a microwaveable dish//this is where I didn't take pictures, so just imagine what this looks like. microwave the apples for approximately 4 minutes, or until you can easily stick a fork through them//than stick the apples in a food processor or blender//blend until the consistency of applesauce//note: the applesauce will have some chunks and won't be as pureed as store bought, but the different consistency and chunks makes it good//than refrigerate overnight, or until cold
//after refrigerated, take the apples out and add 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
//i like my applesauce with cinnamon, so add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon//note: this is NOT cinnamon sugar, and a little goes a LONG way.......trust me

//lastly, mix all the ingredients together

//enjoy your homemade applesauce!

No comments: